Monday, January 09, 2006

Out-of-control Order: Simple Structures for a Decentralized Multiplication Movement

John Waidley (Regional Leadership in the Pacific Southwest for Campus Crusade for Christ) sent me this article by Neil Cole from CMAResources.org. John's sent this link to leaders in the Pacific Southwest Region and I think his introduction does a good job setting up our situation.

This afternoon I was again contemplating the potential stress many of you feel with all the added movements we will need to coach/lead on our way to the scope. If I was a local leader again I might feel overwhelmed by what was being asked of me. Now I feel overwhelmed again with this ICM role…but I do believe the Lord wants to take us places we have never been in terms of the scope…the struggle is more about being willing to go with Him at the expense of leaving other things. One of those things that would have been an issue for me as a local leader is “control”.

Anyway…one thing that matters is how do we organize/structure our ministry in a way that allows us to get to the scope and at the same time keeps us from going crazy or burning out? Obviously, for each location you need to hear from the Lord and do what He is calling you to do. I have included a link to a really provocative article that could aid how we think in terms of structures. It is from Neil Cole as he talks about “organic church” structures and while we are not a church the things he is saying totally relate to the issues we struggle with. I would like to experiment with his structure ideas (in the right locations) as they relate to our non white scope. You may want to print this out and maybe even discuss it as a team…or you might want to save it for a rainy day when a good read is just what you need.
Read the article here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shane, I enjoy reading your blog, it inspires and challenges me. Currently I am working full time on MPD, but will be ministering on the Seattle Metro team in the Bridges Int. ministry (Japanese students).

Here is a Bridges LINC blog by John Rood (a Bridges LINC coach on the East coast)

Anonymous said...

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=bridges_linc