Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Action in Boulder

Steve Van Diest and his team are doing a great job decoding "movements everywhere."

Bruce Henderson is a staff member on his team and he and I go way back. We actually joined staff together - his words are encouraging.

Shane,

Had to share this with you. Since the start of the year, I have been asking God to raise up a movement among African-Americans here at CU. So – I was super encouraged by your “experiment” with Destino. Here I am, a 38 year old white guy believing God for something with African Americans.

I have met with several African American leaders here – just getting to know them, do a leadership survey to find out more about them/what they want to do/etc. We have about 60 Impact Survival Kits I have wanted to get out. So, I asked the students I have met how to get them out/etc. They said, just bring them by the BSA (Black Student Alliance) and we’ll give them out. So, numerous times I keep going by the office but no one seems to be there.
So today, it’s about 3pm, I’ve already been by the office and no one was there. And, I’ve finished other discipleship appointments & it’s raining on campus. So I face the dilemma we all face – do I go by one more time or just head back to the office? So, I went by one more time and someone was in the office. I met Jarvis and we talked briefly. He said – sure, we’ll give out the kits. I asked how we could try to get them to freshman. He said, “we’ll we have this study/hangout time tomorrow from 11-3, where basically all the freshman come. So, if you can bring them by tomorrow, I’ll give them all out. I then asked if he thought they could fill out a brief survey so I could know where they are spiritually. He said – no problem.

So, tomorrow I take FSK’s to the BSA office so that Jarvis can give them out to freshman students in the black community. Pray with me for more amazing things that God will do here at CU. Thanks again for your encouragement and model of actually going out to believe God for a new movement.


Bruce Henderson
www.gotfuel.org
These guys are also working to launch things in numerous categories. Go Buffs.

No comments: