Thursday, October 06, 2005

Go Adam Go

This is a recent email I recieved from Adam Go at The University of Minnesota (that hotbed of ethnic student activity). Adam is launching an Asian American student movement (Epic baby!).

-------
At about 7:50pm, I was like, "Why in the world did I ever sign up to do EPIC. This is stupid. No one is gonna show up."

Tonight was our 1st EPIC meeting, our 1st actual event, 1st evangelistic attempt... And we had a Severe Thunderstorm and a Tornado Warning... NOT GOOD... But I thought, "Adam, every step of the way, God has surprised you. He's done something when you didn't think anything good would happen."

Well, by 8:30pm, we had 16 people! More importantly, I didn't know 5 of the people - brought by friends and one just got handed one of our flyers! It was a good 1st meeting, very informal, shared names, small group question, I share my salvation testimony (I got saved frosh year in Crusade!) and then shared out of Matt 6 - Do No Worry - but Seek His Kingdom 1st... that was the message - even through your year and what we hope EPIC to be about -- is to seek God over all other things, even good things out there.

We're doing good - I have student leaders - aligned as far as I much as I can expect with what I've shown them. And one of our women today asked, "Do you want bible studies yet? Cause I'd love to lead one." I mean... sure! So, a women's bible study to come!

God's good... I've planted... My students have sown... Only God can make things grow.
----
Go Adam Go!

No comments: