Sunday, April 10, 2005

Prayer for Sure

It seems an traction in movements everywhere would all begin with prayer (I am a rocket scientist). Now here is the rub. I prayed like a banshee warrior back in the day (especially as a student). A group of us gathered early, prayed a ton, and trusted God to do big things. Now? Well lets just say my prayer life is not nearly as inspiring, but I hope that in the student world, the flame is burning bright.

As for me, this is an area of conviction and change. I feel like I am becoming a student of prayer all over again. How it fosters intimacy, a longing for things eternal, and a deep sense that God can do whatever he wants. I have a ton to learn, but one thing is for sure - I do not feel like gutting out the vision. It is too big and you cannot strategically plan your way to something so grandiose.

I think this is especially true when it comes to reaching ethnic students. We have been stuck for 50+ years (yes, we have had some pretty cool successes), but we must admit that, as an organization, we are woefully behind. And the task is not easy. It will not simply happen as we think, work and dream. I (and all of us) need to come before the father, repent (if needed) and ask him to do something amazing.

Mr. Incredible: "What are you waiting for"
Little Kid: "I don't know, something Amazing I guess."

That's what I'm talking about.

No comments: